It’s 5:05 pm on a Tuesday and you’re heading out of the office on your way to meet a friend for dinner. It’s pouring rain and traffic is a nightmare. You make a right onto Herndon Avenue, one of the busiest streets in Fresno, and your tire pressure indicator light turns on. You pull into a Subway parking lot, check your back left tire, and it’s noticeably flatter than the rest. Shoot.
What do you do next?
Most of us would take out our phones, pull up Google, and search “how to fix my flat tire” or “tire repair store near me.” We usually look at the top three or four results, and click on a number or link to help you out.
This is where Google AdWords’s SEM comes into play.
Search Engine Marketing
SEM, or search engine marketing, is paid advertising through search engine results. You can do this through Google, Bing, Yahoo, and search engines. Google takes the cake as the most popular search engine with over 40,000 searches completed per second. Now-a-days, almost all questions can be answered by the two-word phrase, “Google it.”
Here at JP, we’ve researched hours-on-end about how to provide the best advertising efforts for our clients. The most recent approach has been Google AdWords SEM and Display advertising. Over the past year, JP has become Google AdWords certified. This has allowed us to generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in AdWords gross sales for more than 17 of our clients.
We did this in a few key ways
- Educated clients and account managers on the importance of a mixed media plan that includes traditional and nontraditional media.
- Studied, passed and upheld certifications in Google AdWords’s Fundamentals, Search, and Display Partner tests.
- Kept our finger on the pulse of the latest digital marketing efforts by attending webinars, conferences, and sharing market research insights on a daily basis.
Why would your business need to do SEM?
- 91% of people use their phones during Micro-Moments (finding an answer in the middle of a task, needing an idea, or researching a product).
- People search for products and service on their own time when they need it the most. Your brand or products need to be there when they’re searching.
- People like to research online before going to a brick-and-mortar setting.
- You can directly target your competitors by purchasing keywords relevant to their products, location and brand.
- All of your competitors are doing it, so if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!
Here at JP, we develop proposals for our clients to review, manage and optimize our clients’ accounts on a daily basis, and provide in-depth performance reporting that will give you insight on how you compare to your competitors.
We want to help your business grow. Contact us for more information about how to get your AdWords campaign started today.
–Mia Villarreal, Media Buyer