It’s not every day that you get to publicly celebrate how awesome someone you work with is. Let alone, three someones. But today was one of those days.
The entire JP team cheered for Alisa, Judy, and Peter at the Fresno Advertising Federation’s 2015 Honors Awards, but since I’m the one writing this blog – you get to hear my perspective on how amazing and talented each person is.
The Nancy Theilen Award Winner
Alisa Manjarrez has been with JP Marketing since December 2012 as a Brand Strategist. It’s basically a fancy word for giving companies a makeover – and she is our Stacy Clinton. She puts her personal and professional coaching skills to use assisting with strengths development for the entire JP Marketing team. Here are three things you should know about Alisa:
- Alisa has the ability to convince anyone to do almost anything – I’ve seen it and it’s absolutely uncanny. It comes in handy when pushing a last-minute project through the creative department, pitching the branding concept to a client, or trying to get your office decorated. Just trust me on this one.
- My earliest memory of Alisa is actually a video of her singing a modified version of “My Favorite Things” rewritten to celebrate the local food industry. She was in the middle of interviewing for the position, so having her singing stuck in our heads was probably a plus! To say she is a foodie is an understatement. If you are ever looking for a restaurant in almost any city in California, Alisa is the person to ask. Just check out her blog on FresYes!
- Alisa loves Fresno. This may be one of the most important things to know about her. Everything she does in her personal and professional life is because of how much she loves and supports the local community. Not only is she an advocator for JP Marketing and every one of our clients, but she is a true believer in Fresno.
Media Planner Of The Year
Judy Soper joined the JP team a little more than a year ago, but her history in the Fresno area goes back decades. We have Judy to thank for starting the first official media buying department in the history of JP. You get to learn a lot about someone from sharing an office with them, and here are a few things that I think you should know about Judy:
- Judy sticks to her guns. She has more than 25 years of experience to back her up and is fantastic at explaining new strategies to clients, selling them on it, and proving the return on investment.
- Judy absolutely loves learning. Her passion for staying up-to-date with the latest technology and applying it to our clients is infectious.
- Judy is a very proud mom and all around awesome person. She lights up when she talks about her daughter’s softball tournament, or her son’s adventures at the naval academy. And she genuinely cares about everyone in the office. She has one of the biggest hearts in the office and will laugh with you, cry with you, celebrate with you – or whatever else you need.
Creative Talent of the Year
Eight years with JP hasn’t slowed Peter Carrion down yet! In fact, in the last two years this veteran designer has taken on the task of growing our internal photography/videography department. He is also a senior member of our graphic design department and has a knack for visualizing his work in multiple applications to the benefit of our clients. But there are three more things you should know about Peter:
- He saves puppies. No, really. When he isn’t working for JP, he’s donating his design skills to local animal shelters to help find homes for the lost dogs and cats of the Central Valley.
- Peter forces all of us to be his photo subjects. Since one of his specialties is portrait photography, he’s always testing out a different lighting set up or new lens – and we are the guinea pigs. Just check out his Instagram account. Our faces are everywhere!
- Peter is the fastest Photoshopper in the office. Before the laughs die down from the joke, chances are Peter already has your head Photoshopped onto some strange photo related to the joke.
Congratulations to these three amazing individuals for being recognized today, and to all of the other deserving recipients! Take a look at a few more fun photos from today’s event below.