It’s safe to say that many social media managers have a love-hate relationship with Instagram. We love what it can do for a client’s brand awareness, the engagement opportunities it offers, and its awesome filters. We hate its inability to schedule posts within the app, switch between multiple accounts, and the lack of analytics.
With 70 million photos posted and 2.5 billion likes per day, Instagram definitely reigns as the king of visual content and the perfect place for businesses to engage with fans. That being said, here are five tools that will help improve your relationship with the app for the better.
1) ScheduGram is a tool that helps you manage multiple Instagram accounts. You can upload multiple images and schedule them to post to multiple accounts at a later time. Plus, it also offers direct integration with Canva for designing images. Cost: Starts at $5 per week.
2) Crowdfire helps you manage your relationships on Instagram by helping you identify inactive users, seeing who’s unfollowed your accounts, and finding relevant users to follow. This tool also gives you good insight as to how your posts are affecting your follow/unfollow stats. Cost: Free.
3) Repost is a great app for reposting fan photos and videos to your client’s Instagram page while still giving credit where credit is due. The basic version is free to use, but upgrading to Pro ($4.99) allows you to manage multiple Instagram accounts. Cost: Free. Pro is a $4.99 one-time iTunes app purchase.
4) Hashtagify helps you find relevant hashtags for your client, amplify your audience reach using hashtags and measure their effectiveness. You can also search for a hashtag related to your business and keep track of all the other related hashtags people use to refer to your original hashtag. Cost: Basic is free. Plans start at $9.99 per month.
5) Mention allows you to monitor the conversations people are having about your client in real time. You’ll get snapshots of your online mentions by source and the ability to export data to compare your client with your competitors. Cost: First mention alert is free. Plans start at $29 per month.
Bonus Tool: Following the Instagram for Business blog is helpful for business marketers and communicators to find more tools to expand their client’s brand awareness and take their profile to the next level. From helpful tips to brand spotlights to news from Instagram, there’s plenty of information to keep you up-to-date on everything Instagram. Cost: Free!
What other apps and tools do you use to help manage your Instagram pages?
– Meg Lerma, Outreach & New Media Assistant